Monday, December 21, 2009
To all you honest scraps
Today (or technically, Saturday, when I was out procrastination-shopping and trying my best not to kill people), I became a recipient of the Honest Scrap award. (Thanks, Weronika!) I've seen it floating around for awhile now, and I must say, I've been a little green behind the ears (figuratively only, I hope).
So anywho. Rules are, I have to share 10 honest things about myself and then pass the Honest Scrap award on to 10 other "Scraptastic" (best word ever, I think) bloggers. Without further ado:
1) I have had a horrible, no good, very bad month. Okay, it wasn't that bad, but it went something like this: (a) fell down in front of court house in the rain and sprained foot--too embarrassed to say anything, so ran away really quickly; (b) one week later to the day, fell down half of my stairs at home and REALLLLLY sprained same foot, plus hurt lots of other things and maybe hit my head on a porcelain dog bowl; (c) spent week on crutches and in foot brace thing; (d) finally got into shoes again (flats only--no heels yet!), and then picked up some sickness; (e) kept sickness for so long that throat closed up and had to get on steroids just to get food down; (f) worked late pretty much every day and spent no time writing; (g) realized about 3 weeks too late that I should start holiday shopping. But I'm better now, so it's all good. Here's to 2010--you can't get here soon enough.
2) Sometimes, I can be long winded. If you made it through number 1, you probably realize this already. I'll attempt the brevity approach for 3-11.
3) I'm a firm believer in a few, quality friends over a large quantity of acquaintances.
4) I haven't had any time to write lately, but it's all I can think about doing. In fact, I get kind of pissy when I haven't met with my characters in awhile. I feel like I'm missing out on something super important.
5) I used to be really good at forging signatures. I did it for all my friends in high school. Which made me totally cool. No, really. It did. (Okay, I was a total nerd. Let it go already.)
6) I ask my husband a lot of weird questions that I know he has no idea how to answer--almost always related to something crazy I'm writing and don't feel like researching--because it amuses me almost as much as it amuses him.
7) I try to like things that are cool, like foreign films and sushi, but I just don't like subtitles, and uncooked fish isn't my thing, no matter how much cream cheese you stuff in with it.
8) I do, however, love middle eastern food. I could live off of gyros, kabobs, shish tawook, pita, hummus, and cucumber feta chicken. Heaven on a plate and in my mouth.
9) If I could have any job in the world, I'd either be an author or that person who picks out music for television shows. Ideally, I'd be both.
10) If my reading, writing, television, movie, and music selections are any indications, I don't think I'll ever grow up. Bring on the YA reads, the CW network, the Bring it On's and the Jimmy Eat World/Dashboard Confessionals of the world. Forever teen at heart, here I come.
Now, this is typically the time when I'd pass this award along to 10 other Scraptastic bloggers. But the thing is ... SO many of my scrappy friends have received this award already, and I'm just not good at choosing! So what's a girl to do?
I can either shriek and hide under the covers and pretend like I can't follow directions, or I can break the rules and ask you all:
TELL ME SOMETHING HONEST ABOUT YOURSELF. ONE THING. 2 THINGS. TEN. WE ALL HAVE A LITTLE SCRAPPINESS IN US. AND IF YOU HAVEN'T SHARED IT YET, I'M DYING TO HEAR IT.
Happy, Happy Holidays to all!