I'm still typing up my notes for the conference, and I'll get those up soon, but here are a few highlights:
1) The weather was awesome. Amazing. Perfect. And then I came back to Florida, where it is hot. Humid. Sticky.
2) Who doesn't love staying in nice hotels that you can't really afford and pretending like you're royalty for a few days? Oh wait ... that's just me?
3) I met so many wonderful people and learned so much that I think my brain might explode. Seriously. I don't have room for all of the gems and pearls that industry professionals tossed my way.
4) I got books autographed by Jay Asher (such a nice guy!), Thalia Chaltas (I adore her, and she graciously signed my book in the bathroom), Sherman Alexie (ahhh-MA-zing speaker), Ingrid Law (fascinating storyteller), Holly Black (so cool and friendly), and Ellen Hopkins (omg omg omg, I love her).
5) I laughed. I cried. I learned. I. Want. To. Go. Back. Now.
Seriously, this workshop was the most amazing thing I've ever done for my writing career. I hope the notes I share later on this week will help at least one of you.
And ... Since I repurchased a few books this week to get them autographed, I have a few copies of books to auction off. Yay! My first giveaway! I'm kind of excited :)