Sunday, June 7, 2009

I'm so addicted to, all the things you do ...

Hi. My name is Jessica, and I'm an addict. Really. To you. And by "you," I mean the ever-growing list of bloggers I follow.

Don't worry, I'm not just a creepy stalker. I mean, I'm addicted to other things as well. Chocolate. Starch. Television. Shopping. Chocolate. You get the point. But man, does this blog-stalking addiction really dominate lately!

I don't mean to say that it's a bad thing, mind you. Stumbling upon this little writer's blogosphere was one of my favorite accidents. I've learned a lot. A. Lot. I've entered contests. I've received critiques. I've gotten better at my writing. I've laughed and empathized--with others at similar stages in their writing careers, as well as with those eons ahead of me. I've learned that agents really are people, despite my previously held beliefs.

All of this is to say ... thank you. You're all awesome. And, in those moments when I look at my computer clock and think, "Where the hell did the last 3 hours go?", you all suck. :D

4 comments:

XiXi said...

I only joined in February, and this post pretty much epitomizes how I feel. Blogging is so addicting!

It's okay, though. It's a better use of my time than Facebook. :-)

Little Ms J said...

Blogging is totally addictive and I've made some great friends since joining in January. My husband refers to my blog as my other husband!

Stina said...

Hey Jess,

I just saw your comment on Rachelle Gardner's blog. I, too, will be attending the SCBWI conference in LA this August for the first time.

Shelli (srjohannes) said...

i hear yah - i have more "blogger" friends than real live ones. wait that doesnt sound good does it? :)